Why is it when you feel sick you feel really!! sick. After a horrible hot weekend (38 degrees in some parts of Brisbane and 79% humidity) I now have a wonderful summer/autumn cold.
After a lovely day on Saturday, we went for a bike ride along the bay foreshore with the kids. We all enjoyed it and came away happy and tired.
Then on Sunday the heat was turned on we were all wilting and grumpy from the heat. I woke up feeling terrible and it was down hill from there. The kids were hot and quarrelling with each other all day.
So we decided to turn on the air conditioner and let the kids sleep in the study in the cool. We all slept like logs right up to the point where I rolled over and it was 6:50am, we leave for school at 7:55am. Then it was the mad dash this morning to make lunches and out the door.
I dropped them at school and came home, I was going to go and do some more prac work at kindy today but I didn't really feel up to facing 22 (3-4 year old) children with a runny nose, sneezing and a slight temperature. So I came home looked for the panadol and realised we had no adults panadol. I took the kids liquid panadol and have now discovered it tastes disgusting and I give it to the kids know wonder they pull faces when they take it.
Oh well enough complaining for today. I think sleep and rest is the best. At least I don't have to cook dinner tonight, we have small group and its Alexandra's turn as I am picking her 2 boys and Ben up from soccer training and going to their house for small group.
Lets hope tomorrow is better.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment