Mark bought me a bicycle yesterday, and it is true you never forget how to ride. Both the kids and he have bikes and they are always nagging to go for a ride. I sort of put a dampener on it saying, "What am I supposed to do, run behind you?" Now I can keep up. We got to the point if we took the kids and their bikes they left us behind if we walked, and in this day and age you don't know who is around.
It seems sad as you look back at your own life and realise what you use to get up to. I use to ride 15ks into the little town where we used to live, walk 1klm to catch the bus to school (rain,hail or shine). Play outside until it was dark......, Now I don't let the kids out of sight, let them play out the front of our house.
Sometimes I wish that we could go back to those day's of being carefree and actually living and playing like children. Instead of wondering and dwelling on all the bad things that could happen to them.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
9 months ago



1 comment:
It's too true, unfortunately, and what's worse is that at the same time we're trying to protect them, we're preventing our kids from learning how to deal with problems themselves, as we're always on hand to help them out.
Post a Comment