Wednesday, April 23, 2008

13 years

Mark and I have now been married for 13 years. It was our wedding anniversary yesterday. I think we now realize that this is a long time because...

1. You go out for dinner and enjoy an evening just the two of you..... now you take the kids with you and celebrate with them. (Hmmmm is this right)
2. You come home and get in your comfy but unflattering pj's and lounge on the couch. (While he answers emails for work)
3. It's just like any other ho hum day and the excitement has gone.

Where has that excitement gone...

I tried to be romantic and gave him a present. When we first met he introduced me to Michael W Smith, it was one of the first cd's he gave to me. So trying to be romantic I bought another cd by him. Made my own card and wrote an epic on it to Mark.

I waited for him to get home and sat it on the end of the bed. I waited and then gave it to him, then.....

Mark said " I thought about your present all day, but it is still at the shop....."

Well I felt a bit peeved, I guess I shouldn't have but I was. The morning started of bad, he left for work at 6am. Instead of a nice leisurely start I didn't see him before he left.

I am grateful for a husband who helps with the kids and around the house, but occasionally it would be nice to see a little romantic side to him every now and then.

I'll stop my grumbling now and thank God for the wonderful partner that I have.....

No comments: