Monday, September 22, 2008

Shopping

I now know why it is easier to shop with out children......

Made the mistake of taking them with me to do some shopping. Can I have this, I'm hungry (was only 11am), I don't want to look at that and I'm bored. I could not wait to get home.

I think the problem is with me, I started out cranky as the two of them have been niggling each other all morning and I was fed up with the sniping between them. By the time we left the shops I was tired and a little jaded.

And it is only the beginning of the holidays. I should be happy to spend time with them and watch them have fun and enjoy their break from school......  So my plan is to look past the fighting and yelling between them and enjoy their company (even if it means taking twice as long to do things).

The two of them are going to their grandparents for a week and I will miss them heaps. Ben was telling me that he was sad and that he was going to miss me 'cause we weren't going with them to Newcastle. I'll get to talk to them every night and let them know how much I love them and that they will have a blast with their grandparents.

I just thank God for my two children and all that they mean to me, even when I am cranky. Remembering this will help me take a step back and give them the love and attention I have for them and not be short and angry with them.

No comments: