Sunday, July 8, 2007

Back from Holiday

We had a great 5 days away. We left on Monday, later than Mark wanted too (my fault). We finally left and got to Rainbow Beach raced to the barge and drove straight on to it. The barge ride only lasted 15 minites at the most.

Once it stopped we drove straight on to the beach. We then went to find our camping area at Central Station. I made as take a detour, I think it was the alternate alternative way to the place. We got there in the end. We eventually found an easier track to drive on for the rest of the week.

I was nervous about the dingo factor, we only saw 1 dingo the whole time we were there (thank goodness). But once we found the camp sites the whole area was fenced so they could not get in. The Ranger came and talked to us that night and explained to the kids what they had to do if a dingo came near them.

We had two full days by ourselves and then two other families showed up ( they rented a house at Eurong). We spent the next 3 days doing things with them (6 adults and 8 children, ranging from 6 to 13 yrs, I bet you can imagine how noisy it was)

But as the adults said all the kids will remember the time that they spent away and fun that they had with their friends. One of the families are moving away and this was the last time that we all would be on holiday for awhile together. So this made it kind of special.

I'll fill in more details about what we saw and did in the next few days......Stay tuned.....

2 comments:

DanniLake said...

Sounds like you had a great time, Rob. Looking forward to catching up with you soon :)

DanniLake said...

BTW - I've tagged you at my blog!! You can check it out here http://she-essence.com/blog/?p=124